The Thirteen Traveling Journals Project

Monday, June 27, 2005

Who Is This Person?

In case you want to know a bit more about me and why I started the project, here’s some info:

First and foremost, I am a writer. I publish under a half a dozen names, both fiction and non-fiction, in various genres. Devon Ellington Work has some of my credits. Ink in My Coffee is my blog on the ups and downs of the writing life. I’m in the process of transitioning out of a long-term career in the theatre while writing into writing full-time.

I’ve kept a diary since I was a small child. Diaries have always fascinated me, especially writers’ diaries and travel diaries. I’ve taught journal writing workshops throughout the world.

I find 1000 Journals fascinating. However, it’s filled up and it’s on such an enormous scale – I wanted to try something more intimate. The looks of the two sites are quite different, and the energy of the two projects is quite different.

I’ve toyed with similar ideas for years – I used to call it “Round Robin Journaling”. When I found out about the 1000 Journals project, I was so excited that someone was out there doing a project like this.

For awhile, I figured that because 1000 Journals were out there, I didn’t need to.

But, recently, the urge to create this project grew and grew and grew, until, just after this past full moon of Summer Solstice, the project birthed.

And I welcome anyone and everyone who wants to come along on this journey. It is an honour to collaborate with you.

Devon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home